A blog where one NaNoWriMo Seattle Duck posts the chapters of the novels she never wants published for people to enjoy in the literary abandon.

Monday, February 6, 2012

What to Expect Next

So yes, I did miss posting yesterday, the 5th. I was really busy with the Super Bowl. Congratulations New  York Giants, by the way. I was rooting for you! And some of that has to do with my crush on Eli Manning.

But anyway, I hope you all enjoyed Writers vs Ritters. I had a blast writing it, and really it all just seemed to come about via stream of conscious. Some scenes were slightly planned. And my sense of planning is I jot down the idea for a scene in one sentence, or jumbled words many months before I wrote this and then somehow it all comes to fruition when NaNo arrives.

The novel that I'm going to start posting next is super long. I'm serious. I think it's like, double the number of chapters Writers vs. Ritters has. It's a war story - I know another one. But this was from my first year participating in NaNoWriMo. In a lot of ways, it's far more serious than I ever intended a WriMo to be. Honestly I rarely plan these things and this one just came about out of boredom, or dumb luck, or something.

So up next you'll be able to read my first ever WriMo, Red Sandstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment